छवि क्रेडिट: Global Alliance of NGO's for Road Safety
iRAP Partners’ work in more than 100 countries and the critical need for high-level prioritisation of safe road infrastructure were key focusses of the UN High-level Meeting on Road Safety, held from 30 June to 1 July in New York.
Star Rating for Schools partners including iRAP, मेजर डोनर 1 टीपी 6 टी and Lead Partners – आपका - सड़क सुरक्षा के लिए युवा, Global Alliance of NGO’s for Road Safety, फंडाकियोन गोंज़ालो रॉड्रिग्ज़ और यह Global Road Safety Partnership attended the event.
Star Rating for Schools impact and the need to prioritise youth
Fernanda (Nani) Rodriguez, Executive Director, Fundación Gonzalo Rodríguez and Star Rating for Schools Lead Partner on the power of NGOs and investment in safer schools, sharing Argentinian example of cost-effective 5-star upgrades.
Estiara Ellizar, Global Youth Coalition for Road Safety Ambassador’s appeal to Member States to stop the number 1 killer of youth and engage meaningfully with young people.
Global Youth Coalition for Road Safety ‘Claimin it Video’ shared during the meeting (4:24 mins). An Art Exhibition featured 6 youth artists from Argentina, Brazil, Jordan, Nigeria, India and South Africa.
Kari Muñoz Matus. Secretaria Ejecutiva, CONASET spoke at the UN High-level Meeting on safer roads and a focus on school journeys in Chile to 2030. In Chile, they have assessed nearly 7,000 km of roads already to inform safer road investments. Read about the latest safer school journey progress in Chile यहां।
Video Highlight from SR4S Major Donor
Saul Billingsley, Executive Director of FIA Foundation on the importance of evidence-based programmes like iRAP to road safety and linked agendas. Saul showcased the iRAP Countries’ Summary Overview detailing national safer roads activity for nearly 150 countries and the human and economic benefit of achieving UN Targets 3 and 4 by 2030. This summary includes all Star Rating for Schools activities across the world.
Programme and coverage
- See the programme यहां
- See the list and order of countries who presented National Statements यहां
- Every country had the opportunity to present a National Statement sharing their success and plans for the Second Decade of Action. See key points raised by countries in their National Statements यहां (thanks to the Australasian College of Road Safety for this shared information)
- Watch the recordings of the event on UNWebTV:
Day 1 plenary session 1 यहां (Opening and National Statements)
Day 2 plenary session 2 यहां (National and Key Stakeholder Statements continued)
Day 2 Multi-stakeholder Panel Sessions 1 and 2 यहां on 1). Incorporating road safety into sustainable development: Political will and whole-of-government approach and 2). Mobilizing all stakeholders to accelerate the implementation of the Global Plan and achieve the 50% reduction
Day 2 Multi-stakeholder Panel Session 3 on Improving Global Road Safety and Closing Statements यहां
Outcome Declaration and responses
- See the Outcome Political Declaration of the High-level Meeting, representing a commitment by all countries to deliver on the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021-2030 यहां.
- See iRAP’s Response to the Declaration, supporting the Statement of the Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety यहां. It acknowledges the challenging circumstances under which the Declaration was negotiated, but also calls on countries to do more.